Course Overview of our Workshops
Kids’ MusicRound offers two core workshops to choose from. Aside from being the most fun you’ll ever have in a workshop, you gather a wealth of information, confidence and skill to bring into any music classroom.
We have two styles of workshops: live, face-to-face and online. Online workshops have become popular allowing participants to enjoy from the comfort of their homes. An internet connection, webcam & microphone are required. Live, on-location workshops are dependent upon scheduling.
Importance of Early Childhood Music
Early childhood research and music education philosophy overview; includes activity presentations throughout the day.
- The stages and beginnings of music development
- The importance of introducing music education in early childhood
- Observation of a live classroom (onsite) or video (online) using “mommy and me” parent-child learning techniques
- The importance of the adult presence and role modeling in early childhood
- Learn tested teaching techniques for presenting songs and rhymes to children
- Learn how to help children achieve basic music competence and its importance to music development
- Discover how different learning styles impact children in the music classroom
- Learn how to sustain the musical intelligence all children are born with
- Become familiar with the research theories supporting the curriculum
- Walk away with classroom-tested music that infants, toddlers and children will immediately respond to
Songs, Movement and Music in the Classroom
This section focuses on the necessary skill set of the teacher.
- Learn the importance of movement in the music classroom
- Delve into more detail on successfully leading children in music activities using movement and musical props such as egg shakers, sticks, and scarves and more
- Observe a live class (onsite) or video (online)
- Learn the importance of play in the classroom
- Learn successful lesson planning techniques
- Learn how to create a lesson plan with just the right flow
- Feedback is provided by expert KMR trainers
- Learn how a developmentally appropriate curriculum benefits babies, toddlers and young children
- Find out how child development impacts the early childhood music classroom
Songs, Movement and Music in the Classroom – Practicum
Practice using your newly acquired skills.
- Participants take part in a live demonstration class of children and parents (onsite workshops)
- Final class is recorded and participants receive expert feedback on how to improve and grow
- Online participants are given homework assignments to prepare and videotape for feedback
- This section provides advanced work with music and movement
- Tonality and meter
- Observe and communicate the stages of music development
- Learn BabyRound™ class techniques